Monday, 15 October 2012

The challenge of the sponge mix

A while back I bought this sponge mix from Morrisons and Saturday I decided to give it a try and bake a cake.

So I mixed it all with some water and egg as advised by the instructions on the bag and pour it in a bread-cake tin.
I then defrosted some of the berries I had in the freezer and top the sponge mixture with them.

Put it in a preheated oven at 180C and this is what I got:

My fruits got on the bottom of the cake instead of staying on top...yup! Maybe that is the way the sponge cake should grow and not allow fruits to stay on top...I don't know but I resolved the problem in the end by taking the cake out and topping it back with the mixture of fruits from the bottom of the tin and some powder sugar.

My hubby and daughter loved it. The actual cake was fluffy and soft.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...